Social Security Services
The Social Safety Administration has started off making progress in reducing the time for review and approval of claims for Social Safety Disability benefits.
Three many years ago, the typical nationwide delay in between filing a Social Safety Disability (SSD) declare and finding a determination was about 17 months. Meanwhile, the typical delay in Michigan had risen to over two many years.
Needless to say, these waiting occasions have been far as well long for anybody applying for federal benefits, specifically individuals disabled from operate due to significant wellness issues or injuries. A lot of citizens with pending SSD claims have been left struggling to survive and had to make impossible selections in between having to pay for meals, housing, or medical care.
To rectify this tragic scenario, the Social Safety Administration (SSA) launched an all-out nationwide work to lessen the backlog.
This work integrated the subsequent initiatives:
* Increased Use of Laptop or computer Technologies - SSA set up new computer hardware and application to permit agency personnel to review SSD claims in a much more timely and accurate method.
* Online SSD Programs and Health-related Provider Types - People looking for disability now can full application varieties online. SSA also is adding online varieties so that a medical care supplier can submit documentation of a patient's diagnosis and remedy over the world wide web.
* Video Conferencing for Appeal Hearings - To improve the productivity of hearing officers, SSA set up video conferencing equipment at several hearing places. This makes it possible for administrative law judges to conduct hearings much more swiftly, and focus on the "oldest" situations, even if the SSD claimants stay in other parts of the region.
* Military Service Casualty Circumstances - SSA is giving top priority to SSD claims filed by wounded members of the military service and their families. To qualify for this plan, the disabling problem should have begun on or following October 1, 2001, although on lively duty.
* Compassionate Allowances -- SSA established that selected extremely extreme situations are possible to be disabling and is expediting approval of claims filed by folks with these situations.
* Further Front-Line Workers - Utilizing funds from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, SSA hired two,000 much more workers for front-line claims processing. These new staff contain much more personnel for administrative hearings, disability determinations, regional subject offices, phone services, and other functions directly linked to serving SSD claimants.
As a outcome of these initiatives, the Social Safety Administration currently diminished the waiting time for Michigan Social Safety Disability advantage recipients by 25%, to about 18 months. The head of the agency, SSA Commissioner Michael Astrue, has publicly committed to proceed backlog reduction efforts and further streamline claims processing, to deliver the typical nationwide review period for Social Safety Disability claims down to 9 months by 2013. It is vital that SSA proceed and boost its efforts to velocity up review of SSD claims.
At the Sam Bernstein Law Firm, we understand the hardships that SSD claimants undergo. Our devoted Michigan Social Safety Disability attorneys operate difficult to help our Social Safety Disability purchasers get prompt -- and favorable -- selections.
If you or a cherished 1 was disabled from operate due to a significant harm or medical problem, you want to safeguard your legal rights by contacting an seasoned Social Safety Disability lawyer now.
Since 1968, the Sam Bernstein Law Firm has championed the rights of folks struggling from disabling injuries or medical situations. The Bernstein Advantage has assisted over a hundred,000 purchasers recover over $500 million in damages.
Posts Social Security Offices
Fees of Hiring a Social Security Disability Lawyer
Social Security Fraud... moreSocial Security Gov
Social Security Identity Fraud And How To Combat It
Identity thieves are... moreSocial Security Card
Effects of Social Security Quantity Identity Theft
Actually want to know... more